Sunday, June 15, 2008

Passion


Whew! I made it through concert season at Encore Centre for Dance! It was absolutely amazing. Afterwards I went out with a few of my students and there families and I asked the question "what was your favorite part of the concert?" Naturally the responses were what their favorite dances were. After a while one of the moms asked me what my favorite part was and I smiled and said, "Watching my kids". I never thought that I would receive so much joy watching my students whom I have developed great relationships with blossom and go on that stage and show the audience who they are REALLY dancing for. They worked so hard all year and it all came together. If there is one thing that I know about my students it is that they have fun in my classes and we never stop talking about the true meaning behind why we dance and who we dance for. Jesus is the reason for all seasons of life that we go through. I'm having a hard time just holding it all together while writing this post. We have a Responsibility to teach our Children about the goodness and awesomeness of Jesus Christ so that they can grow up and share with others what we have passed down. We are helping expand the kingdom of God. I can walk away this year knowing that my kids know who Jesus is and most of them are on a special mission to tell another child about Him. Jesus is off the hook! hehe! Had to throw some slang in here somewhere. This is what The M.I.C.A.H. Project is all about. Helping to transform the hearts and minds of children, through dance and for Christ. For those parents who have visited this blog and who have given me the opportunity to teach your children, thank you for the privilege and may God continue to bless you.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Girl...you are awesome! Woo HOOO!!! God is so good, and I am so blessed to be part of what you are doing with our children.
We just love you so much!
Desiree