Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Purpose

So, I was listening to a song on Kirk Franklin's latest album called The Last Jesus and the words to this song are so incredibly strong.
Here are some of the lyrics:

"If I say I love Jesus , but you can't see my Jesus, my words are empty if they can't see Jesus in me. No more excuses! I give myself away because I may be the only Jesus they see. If we say we love Jesus, but they can't see our Jesus, tell me what's the use if they can't see Jesus in you and me. No more excuses! We give it all away, because we may be the only Jesus they see. If I am Your hands and Your feet and if Your Church is built inside of me, where did we go wrong? We've been here too long, we can't see Your face anymore, it's not the same anymore. Have mercy on us Jesus, please forgive us Jesus, I've lost my Purpose if they can't see You in me, see I've learned to hope and I change it all today. Because I may be the only Jesus they see."

You may be asking yourself "What is my purpose?" God has given me a specific purpose in teaching children how to glorify Him through movement, but I know that every follower of Jesus has one common purpose and that is to spread the Gospel of Jesus to everyone that we run into. Whether it be to pull out the scriptures and explain the plan of salvation or just by exemplifying the fruits of the spirit through our actions. As believers we should be able to recognize each other, and non believers should be drawn to Jesus shining through us. When you look in the mirror and examine your walk, can you see Jesus? If you can't then a non- believer surely wont. No more excuses! Be thankful that we serve a God who's Grace and Mercy shines on us everyday. He is Love. If you feel the Lord is calling you to do more, I encourage you to "listen and obey". Fulfill you're Purpose.
"Be Blessed and Be a Blessing"

1 comment:

Ms_Saigon said...

Yes..."listen & obey" the calling!! HE will always see you through. God be with you through the trials and JOYS in life! We serve a Mighty God.

xo GG :)