Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Vision

The vision began when I was in college. I knew that I wanted to teach dance, but I also knew that I wanted to teach youth that were not given the same opportunities that I was so blessed with. I am talking about the majority of inner city youth today that do not have the opportunities to express themselves through movement in a structured environment with quality education. Not only that but to also provide a place for college students and those with God given talents to share their ministry with youth. Over the years the vision just seemed impossible to accomplish and I frankly did not know where to begin. It wasnt until the year of 2006 that I felt the Lord was calling me into full time dance ministry that I started putting the pieces together. With the amazing help of my now husband Ramon we are now on this adventure to make the vision become a reality. As of August 10,2006 The M.I.C.A.H Project is registered with the state of Texas and the goal is to have it incorporated by August 2008.

4 comments:

Ramon said...

Good stuff, obedience is better than sacrifice.

I love you and am so proud of you. I am your biggest fan ma.

Ms_Saigon said...

Hey Nestle,
LOVE the blog, the vision and the opportunity to watch the MICAH project come to life!!!! Yay you!!!! Congrats....GG

shirley said...

this is awesome!! Congratulations on MICAH Project! cannot wait to see what God has in store for you and the people you will touch and make a difference in their lives!! you've already touched mine!!

much love and prayers!

Linda said...

Cessilye!
Oh, how I love the sound of that name!:) I am also very proud to see the woman you have become!

Stay focused on Christ and his will for your life and he will make it happen. I pray that all of your dreams become realities and as always..."Spread Your Wings and Fly"!

Love,
Mom